Project Fact Sheet
Saginaw Bay Imperiled Lake Plain Prairie Habitat Restoration
- GLRI Amount: $150,000
- Focus Area: Habitat and Wildlife Protection and Restoration
- Recipient Organization: Saginaw Basin Land Conservancy
- Funding Agency: Sustain Our Great Lakes
- Funding Program: N/A
- Years Funded: 2012
- Congressional District: N/A
- State(s): MI
- County: Arenac County
- Watershed: Lake Huron
- Latitude: 44.018373
- Longitude: -83.67754
- Project Description: The Saginaw Basin Land Conservancy and partners will control invasive phragmites to restore 101 acres, 11,700 linear feet of stream bank, and 10,100 linear feet of coastal habitat along Saginaw Bay. Control efforts will be conducted at the mouths of the Saganing River, AuGres River and four Arenac County drains and will contribute to the delisting of Beneficial Use Impairments within the Saginaw River and Bay Area of Concern. This work will provide important benefits for many migratory bird species, imperiled reptiles, and other wildlife.
- remove invasive species and restore native habitat on 101 acres
- enhance 11,700 linear feet of stream/riparian habitat and 10,100 linear feet of coastal/shoreline habitat
- Project Type: Restoration
- Project Metric(s):
- Invasive species management (acres): 101
- Recipient Organization: Saginaw Basin Land Conservancy - www.sblc-mi.org
- Contact Info: P0 Box 222, 311 5th Street, Bay City, Michigan, 48707
- Project Contact: Zachary Branigan, firstname.lastname@example.org, (989) 891-9986
The data represented on this site vary in accuracy,
scale, completeness, extent of coverage and origin. It is the
user's responsibility to use these data consistent with their
intended purpose and within stated limitations.
If you notice something is wrong, missing, or you have additional
information on a project, please e-mail
us so we can fix it.
This fact sheet was funded by the
US Army Corps of Engineers and produced in
partnership with the Great Lakes Commission.